Saturday, January 22, 2011

Pillows for Missions


Pillows for Missions, you may ask, "What is this all about?"
Just about 2-3 weeks prior to Christmas while making a pillow case for my bed-pillow, the thoughts came to me as to how simple and quick the pillow cases were to make and just how cute they are. The next thoughts were to make pillow cases and stuff them with a pillow for the homeless. We did just that! I shared the idea and by Christmas we had 54 pillows with beautiful pillow cases to share with the women and children's shelter at the Union Gospel Mission in downtown St. Paul, MN. It was such a well received donation/gift that we have decided to continue on with the mission! Things keep happening that just tell me that God truly has his had on this mission. One example is the stack of fabric in the photo here was purchased at the Mill End wearhouse and while I was somewhat watching what the total would be...I was not fully adding it up. I got up to the register and it was $29.90 worth of fabric and I had a donation of $30.00 for the mission! If you would like to contribute toward the mission in any way, please let me know! You can donate $$, you can donate fabric, you can sew or you can even donate pillows! (We are getting the pillows at Target or Walmart for only $2.50 each!) Prayers are asked for God's continued blessing on this mission!

1 comment:

  1. This is just so sweet and very giving of you. You ladies amaze me with your skills. Thanks for blessing others in this simple yet very generous way. Love, Debbie

    ReplyDelete