Saturday, May 19, 2012


Apple Cobbler Quilt

It seems one sewing project just gets me excited to begin another!  I started with little projects of potholder, mini quilted bags, a totebag and finishing a quilt top to shopping from quilt store to quilt store until I found just what I liked for a new quilt throw.  With my love for Pinterst, I found the “Apple Cobbler” quilt pattern and just adored it!  It is simple, but I think it will be darling with the fabrics I found.  With my lack of experience in quilting, I needed to figure out exactly how this was going to be layed out.  I am super excited about how I did this.  For those of you who have not followed my blog, digital scrapbooking is a love of mine.   I use the Creative Memories Storybook Creator software for my digital scrapbooking.  Tonight I used the software to design my new quilt top!  How exciting is that!  I wonder if Creative Memories has marketed their software for quilt making!  So, I started by scanning in my actual fabrics and then saving them as a “personal collection.”  I was next able to place the digital fabric in the template to reflect the true look of my quilt to come!  If you are a quilter and do not have this software, it is wonderful!  You can contact my sister Debbie at jdkrause@hickorytech.net if you would like to purchase the software!  I must get back to sewing!  The fabrics actually scanned in much darker than the fabrics actually look so my quilt will actually be a little lighter in color!

No comments:

Post a Comment